We are delighted to invite submissions of abstracts for oral or poster presentations related to the workshop theme of the processing of prosody across languages and varieties.
There will be an award for Best Student Paper at the workshop, sponsored by the Association for Laboratory Phonology
Themes include, but are not limited to, cross-linguistic and cross-varietal commonalities and differences in:
- the role of prosody in signalling information structure, particularly in the activation and resolution of contrast and contrastive alternatives
- the integration of prosody and morphosyntactic cues in speech comprehension, e.g. as cues to information structure
- the role of prosody in the management and interpretation of discourse
- prosodic structure as an organisational frame in speech production or perception
- links between prosodic structure and multimodal speech cues such as gesture
Workshop: 29-30 November 2018
16 April 2018 ⇒ Extended deadline: 23 April 2018
Notification of acceptance:
30 April 2018 ⇒ 9 May 2018
This workshop is a satellite event of the 17th Speech Science & Technology Conference, which will take place at the University of New South Wales, Sydney, on 4-7 December 2018.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
- Abstracts should be written in English and not exceed one page of text (A4).
- References, examples and/or figures can optionally be included on a second page. Please use the MS Office Word template provided here.
- Submitted abstracts must be in .pdf format, with Times New Roman font, size 12, 1 inch margins and single spacing.
- The filename must be in the form ”Paper_title.pdf”
- Do not include author names or affiliations, and submit abstracts as property-free PDF files.
- Please provide between three and five keywords that best characterize your submission.
Please submit your abstract using our EasyChair page.